Studying English in Australia is about much more than reciting words in a classroom. Our teaching approach focuses on critical thinking, as well as group and project work – all drawn from real-life experiences, which means you will not only be learning the language, you will be learning how to use it in everyday life.
By studying English in Australia, you will gain a huge range of life skills you cannot get at home. Invaluable skills like problem-solving, leading diverse teams of people, and applying your English to real-world situations – abilities you will draw on for the rest of your life. With a multicultural mix of students in our educational facilities, you will learn the world’s language in a truly international environment.
Our English language teaching maintains a consistently high quality – no matter where you study or what course you choose. As the only country in the world with mandatory national standards and a comprehensive, industry-led quality support framework (see English Australia) you can be confident that you’re getting the very finest English education.
Types of English training
Australia offers a range of English courses to suit a range of study needs.
- Your Goal - To improve general proficiency to access higher level courses; to improve your English for everyday use; to improve your English for travel; to improve your English for work purposes or to do casual work in an English speaking country
- Course description - Focusing on communication skills with emphasis on speaking and listening
English for Academic Purposes
- Your Goal - You want to study in an Australian school, vocational college or university
- Course description - Preparing you for study at an English-speaking university, higher education or vocational institute
English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Your Goal - You want to learn the spoken and written English needed for a specific context and perhaps want to consider an internship
- Course description - Focusing on practical English for specific course areas such as business, aviation or tourism
- Your Goal - You plan to take an exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, or the Cambridge First Certificate
- Course description - Preparing you for English language proficiency examinations
English for Teaching
- Your Goal - You want to teach English in schools in your own country
- Course description - These courses include TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, EfTC (English for Teaching Children.)
- Your Goal - You want to have a short holiday, study English and have fun or study English and undertake work related training
- Course description - These courses are a combination of General English with sporting, social, tourist, cultural or professional training activities.
Our quality assurance
In addition, the following student rights are protected by law under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS):
- The wellbeing of all international students.
- The quality of students' education experience.
- The provision of up-to-date and accurate information.
English Australia’s focus is on:
- Delivering the highest quality English language programs;
- Providing a range of support services for a secure learning environment; and
- Assuring tuition protection for students of all visa types.
Last updated: Tuesday, 1 October 2013 12:08:17 PM
Watch video about English coursesNow Open – Rachel’s English Academy – Online English Courses
Students who wish to enroll in a section of this seminar should , which opens at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, December 12, 2016 and closes promptly at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 12, 2017.
Alice Munro, “Home” (2 versions)
More information about English courses
Being confident with your English can enhance your life in so many ways. It can improve your career prospects. It can improve your social life. It can even help you make the most out of the internet.
As the world’s English experts we’re uniquely positioned to provide you with an effective and engaging way to learn and improve your English. We’ll help you write, read and speak with confidence so you can get the most out of everyday life.
And with support from the world’s most comprehensive online learning resources and access to internationally accredited qualifications, your chances of success are much higher with the British Council.
Whether you’re learning English for the first time, want to top up your skills, or become an expert speaker, we have the right course for you.